THIS PROCESS CURRENTLY DOES NOT WORK AFTER A RECENT API CHANGE BY JOHN DEERE
Will UPDATE WHEN REPAIRED
You must connect with the main account holder. You cannot connect via shared account in My John Deere
Note: If you already have SWAT RECORDS downloaded on your desktop and have enabled the file sync, please continue to step 3
- Download the SWAT RECORDS Desktop version
- Login to SWAT Records using your credentials that you would have received. If you cannot remember your credentials, please send firstname.lastname@example.org a request for login credentials or talk to your local SWAT MAPS provider.
- Go into the farm
- In the left hand menu, scroll down to Farm/Grower Settings
- Click on John Deere
- Click Connect. This will bring you to the My John Deere login page.
- Once Connected, you will have a SWAT RECORDS message saying your connection was successful. You can close this window.
- Go back into SWAT RECORDS click on the Configure button (If it's not lit up, it can take some time for the connection to sync together with the field info from My John Deere)
- In the configure window, you will need to configure the SWAT RECORDS Farm and Fields with the My John Deere Farm and Fields
- Once you've matched up all of your fields. Select the checkbox on the left hand side for each field you are linking together.
- Click on the Actions button
- Then click on Upload Standard Maps to John Deere
- This will upload all of the map files found in the SWAT RECORDS Mobile App
- If you are wanting to upload Field Boundaries, you can go back to Actions and then Upload Boundaries
- If there are any discrepancies between My John Deere and SWAT RECORDS, you will find them in My John Deere website account under Import > Imagery. You may need to manually re-assign in My John Deere